Your privacy is important
The kinds of personal information we collect
We collect and hold personal information about customers, suppliers, job applicants, staff members and other people who come into contact with us (you).
The kinds of personal information we collect may include:
- your name, address and other contact details, which of our products or services or the products or services supplied by companies associated with us you have used or have been provided with, credit and debit card details, and information obtained when you use our website, including which of our pages you have accessed;
- if we are providing you (or an entity related to you) with credit, consumer and commercial credit information about you (including without limitation credit information and credit eligibility information);
- if you are applying for a job with us, we may also collect personal information which may be considered sensitive information for the purposes of the Privacy Act.
Manner and purpose of collection of personal information
We will generally collect personal information about you directly by way of forms and other documents or information provided by you to us in person or online, correspondence you provide to us, and telephone calls/meetings with you.
We may also collect personal information about you from third parties. For example, we may collect personal information about from a company of which you are a director or for whom you are providing a guarantee in relation to a credit application by that company to us, or from companies we hire to provide services to you on our behalf, including but not limited to third parties handling customer support enquiries, marketing or recruitment.
We will use personal information (except sensitive information, see below) for the following purposes unless otherwise required or permitted by law or by your express consent:
- to enable us to conduct our business generally and to facilitate the supply of goods or services to you;
- if we are providing you (or an entity related to you) with credit, to assess your credit worthiness (or the credit worthiness of the entity related to you which is receiving the credit);
- to provide you with marketing materials in relation to offers, specials, products and services we or other companies have available from time to time in which you may be interested;
- if you are a job-applicant or a potential contractor to assess your suitability and (if successful) engage you and to assist with administering your employment or contract;
- for our internal management purposes, to manage our relationship with you and to manage the payment and recovery of amounts payable to us by you; and
- for other purposes which are reasonably necessary in connection with any of the above uses.
We will only use sensitive information for the purposes for which it was provided or for the purpose directly related to such purpose, unless you agree otherwise or the use of such sensitive information is required or authorised by law.
If we are unable to collect personal information relating to you, we may be unable to provide you with the good or services you require or continue our relationship with you.
Disclosure of your personal information
We may disclose personal information about you to the following types of entities if required in connection with the purposes listed above:
- our contractors, consultants, adviseers, associates and of our associated companies;
- any industry body, tribunal, court or otherwise in connection with any complaint made by you about us;
- any entity included in a transfer of all or part of our assets or business;
- if you have provided us with credit information or credit eligibility information to assist with a credit application, the credit reporting bodies listed below and other credit providers;
- businesses assisting us with providing credit;
- trade insurers providing us with insurance in connection with credit we provide;
- any person who proposes to provide or has provided us with a guarantee to secure your obligations (or the obligations of any entity related to you) to us;
- any organisation providing verification of your identity, including online verification of your identity;
- if you have provided us with referees to assist with a credit application or a job application or the assessment of a potential contract between you and us, the referees you have provided; and
- other entities with your consent or as permitted if required by law.
How we hold personal information
We hold personal information in paper form and electronic form. We have in place steps to protect the information we hold from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
How to obtain access to your personal information
You may obtain access to personal information which we hold about you by contacting us using the contact details set out below. When you request copies of your personal information held by us we will endeavour to provide you with such personal information as soon as reasonably practicable.
We may charge you a fee in relation to identifying and providing access to your personal information on a per request basis. We may require you to verify your identity and specify what information you require before completing a request. There may be occasions when a request to access personal information we hold about you is denied. Such occasions would include where access to the information would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others.
Accuracy and completeness of personal information
While we will endeavour to ensure that the personal information collected from you is up to date, accurate and complete, we will assume that any personal information provided by you is free from errors and omissions. You may request that we update or vary personal information that we hold about you using the contact details set out below.
The Privacy Act (and this policy) does not apply in respect of the collection, use or disclosure of information contained in employee records held by us where the collection, use or disclosure is directly related to a current or former employment relationship between us and an employee.
Direct Marketing Communications
From time to time we may use your personal information (except sensitive information) to provide you with marketing materials in relation to offers, specials, products and services that we have available or which other companies have available which may be of interest to you. If you would not like to receive direct marketing materials from us you may notify us using the contact details set out below.
Anonymity and pseudonyms
You have the option of not identifying yourself or using a pseudonym when dealing with us unless we are required by law or a court/tribunal to deal with individuals who have identified themselves or it is impractical for us to deal with you if you have not identified yourself.
Credit information and credit eligibility information
The Privacy Act classifies certain information relating to goods/services supplied on terms which allow payment to be deferred for a period of more than seven days, as credit information.
If we provide you (or an entity related to you) with credit, we may also collect and hold credit information and credit eligibility information about you. Without limitation, this may include credit reports, identification information, consumer credit liability information (eg details of amounts payable to us and the terms of the relevant credit), information relating to payments made, default information and payment information.
We may exchange your personal information with the following credit reporting bodies (CRBs):
- Veda Advantage Ltd – (www.veda.com.au);
- Dun & Bradstreet (Australia) Pty Ltd – (www.dnb.com.au);
- Experian – (www.experian.com.au)
You can obtain copies of the above CRB’s privacy policies which deal with how they use personal information from their websites (as detailed above).
Variation of policy
We reserve the right to change this policy at any time. The updated policy will be available on our website.
How to make a complaint about a breach of your privacy rights
If you are of the view we have breached the APPs, the Privacy Act, or any related privacy code in dealing with your personal information, you may make a complaint by writing to us using the contact details set out below and we will endeavour to provide you with confirmation as to how we propose to deal with the complaint as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please direct all complaints and queries in relation to your privacy to: Privacy Officer, Tony Caroscio,13-23 Clacton Road, Dover Gardens SA 5048 (email address: firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Privacy Officer will endeavour to deal with your inquiry or complaint as soon as is reasonably practicable. Complaints may also be made directly to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by visiting the following website and following the steps: www.oaic.gov.au/rivacy/privacy-complaints.